Photo credit: Mockingbird Sports
Are you looking for an effective way to communicate with parents and student athletes? Well, I have the answer for you … Remind! I have been utilizing the power of this communication tool for quite some time now, and it is the most effective and efficient compared to others that I have tried. I used it both as an educator and as a coach and I continue to use it as a high school administrator. I, along with many other coaches in my district, have flocked to this tool and have found it to be extremely successful when trying to communicate with a large group. Athletic and physical education programs from football, to wrestling, to swimming are utilizing this wonderful service. If you are not utilizing Remind, you are missing out. Here are some of the ways coaches are utilizing Remind in their coaching realms.
Remind allows coaches to:
- Send important announcements to athletes and parents with regards to schedule changes.
- Send links to videos and articles on motivation or information specific to their sports.
- Send out reminders of important events like parent meetings and study table sessions.
- Send information to parents reminding them of important events like senior night.
- Send information to a small group of athletes (as small as 3) instead of entire team. Useful when wanting to communicate with captains or just a small selection of the team.
- Have athletes sign up for a new group for communication purposes during team trips like summer camps (Can also be done using small group communication feature).
- Communicate with past members of team by creating an alumni group.
- Send information athletes may have lost or missed at a meeting like camp fliers or picture forms (using Attach).
- Send important paper work to parents such as physical forms or team apparel ordering information (using Attach).
- Enter entire season schedule and send out reminders to group members reminding them of competition dates.
Since Remind is a communication tool that sends messages directly to a student athlete’s phone it proves to be very effective. As a coach, you can also sign up as a member of the group to ensure that your athletes are receiving the messages. Below are some examples of how the wrestling coaches are utilizing Remind at Bettendorf High School in Iowa.
Even if you are not a coach, you can utilize the powers of this wonderful communication tool. If you are a person that directs a large group of individuals from choirs, to clubs, to church groups, and you want an effective/efficient way to communicate with your group members then Remind is your answer. Students and parents can now have accounts and it’s easy to organize messages on Remind’s new app!