It’s been 10 years since Remind officially launched: a decade since Brett and David, our founders, first had the idea to send class notifications to students and family members by text message.
As students who thrived with the help of their teachers, family members, and others in their community, they created Remind to make the same caring support system available to every student—starting by breaking down the communication barriers between school and home.
A look back at our first 10 years
Back then, cell phones were seen as more of a distraction than a potential tool for learning, and teachers and educators had to advocate for mobile communication and prove their cases to their districts to bring texting to their classes and communities.
Things have changed since then, thanks to the educators and administrators who recognized the importance of reaching students and families where they are. And in the past 10 years, we’ve built on our original service to continue connecting student and families to the people and resources they need to succeed, including some pretty big milestones:
- Making signing up for communication as easy as sending a text message
- Introducing two-way text messaging through Remind
- Launching an enterprise version of our platform for schools and districts
And last year, we added a brand-new online tutoring service on Remind that matches students with certified teachers to provide personalized learning support based on their specific needs and goals.
In other words, it’s been a busy 10 years. And as we get ready for our eleventh (!) back-to-school season, we’re more excited than ever about what’s ahead.
New names, same mission
At Remind, it’s important for us to periodically make time to reflect on our evolution as a company. One of our core values is to create simplicity, and we saw a need to bring together our different offerings and explain clearly what they are and how they’re connected to our mission—especially as we continue to grow.
With that in mind, we’re introducing new names for the services you know and love. Starting today, Remind will consist of:
- Remind Chat: Our free mobile messaging service for classrooms and small groups that enables two-way texting without exchanging personal contact information.
- Remind Hub: Our integrated communication platform for schools, districts, and larger organizations that consolidates classroom, school, and district communication in a single place.
- Remind Tutoring: Our one-on-one online learning solution for families that matches students with personalized academic support and enrichment.
Over the coming months, you’ll start seeing these new names across our website, product, and emails, but nothing about these services is changing. We’re still just as committed to improving access and engagement as we were when Brett and David realized how much better classroom communication could be if teachers had a way to connect directly with students and parents, and we’re still up to the challenge of building solutions to make this easier—not harder.
Thanks so much to each and every one of you for coming along on this ride with us; we wouldn’t be here without you. Here’s to the next 10 years!
Let us know how you’re using Remind this back-to-school season at @RemindHQ on Twitter—or, if you’ve been using Remind for a while, your favorite memory or message. 💙