- Free: Teachers, students, and parents can continue connecting on Remind for free, and on any device.
- Built for education: Contact information between teachers and their subscribers will be kept private. To maintain accountability over the messages sent on Remind, communication can’t be removed or edited.
- Simple: We strive to make Remind easy-to-use while ensuring our users are in full control of their experience. Teachers still own and manage their subscriber lists for each class. Students and parents still opt-in to receive class notifications, determine how they’d like to be notified, and can easily unsubscribe from any class on Remind.
And here are some things we’ve updated or clarified:
- We’ve published best practices to help us work together with our users to keep Remind a safe and supportive community. These new Guidelines help teachers, students, and parents understand best practices as members of the Remind community. We are also introducing a new way for users to contact us regarding any violations of our Terms or these Guidelines, by emailing our Support Team at email@example.com.
- We’d like all users of Remind -- teachers, students, parents, coaches, community leaders, administrators, and more -- to have clear expectations about how to use the service, and contribute to making Remind a trusted environment. We’ve now outlined the responsibilities of our users based on roles—Organizers and Subscribers—to reflect how Remind is being used to increase communication throughout the education space.
- We explain added steps we’re taking to protect the privacy and security of users under the age of 13. Building on our TRUSTe- approved flow for minors, we’ve updated our retention policy for underage users. We will now delete personal information of Remind users under the age of 13 if their accounts are inactive for at least 12 months.
- We’ve made it clear that you retain full ownership of the content that you send via Remind. We’ve also clarified that while you own the content, Remind might modify, keep and/or share versions of it. For example, if we want to feature one of your broadcast messages in a PD presentation, we might include this message.
- We explain more clearly what information we collect and who we share information with to operate the service. Remind respects user information.We only collect information necessary to provide you with our service. We use other services to help us, such as Open Market, to deliver text messages, and we’ve included information here about these other services so you’re aware. We also outline that we keep copies of account information in order to reactivate accounts, investigate issues, and keep Remind safe.